Thursday, June 29, 2006

Intelligence: BabyShasha Version

I noticed new skill on BabyShasha, yesterday. She could respond and quickly learnt what response to expect from me.

In order to keep BabyShasha quiet and behaved in the car during the trip to the nursery, I gave her my L'oreal golden-cased lipstick. BabyShasha loves metallic coloured objects, such as my handphone, keys, wind-chime and this lipstick casing.


She was observing the object in her hand very intently. Of course, she didn't figure out how to open the lipstick casing yet. Halfway towards the destination, she tried to put the lipstick in her mouth. Her mouth was wide opened and her toungue jutted out to lick it. I just stared at her and said, "No...!"


BabyShasha just looked up at me and laughed. She did again, and again I gave the same response. She laughed, "He he hik! He he hik!" :-S


After some time, she looked at me from the corner of her eyes and put the lipstick near her opened mouth, pretending to put it in. As expected, I gave the same response, and she laughed thinking that her tease worked! Oh dear... "It's not tasty, dear... Don't do that."


This was going on and on because she thought it's funny. "It's not funny, you know. You might hurt yourself," I told her, and she just grinned back at me.


At night, when I was trying to make her sleep, she grabbed my hair-clip (the type I normally used to clip my hair into a bun) that was on the mattress. She was trying to figure out how to open it like a jaw as how I use, but she had no strength to do so.


After a while of observing, she shoved the hair-clip to my cheek, probably trying to give it back to me or asking me to show her how it works. Instead of taking it, I just said, "Mamam mam mam...," acting as if I wanted to eat the hair-clip.


My act seemed to thrill BabyShasha into laughter, "He he hik! He he hik! He he hik!" It was quite a loud and cheerful laugh. Knowing the response she would get this time round, she shoved the hair-clip to my cheek again. I gave the same response, "Mamam mam mam...!" She laughed out loud, fully entertained.


This act and react went on and on until she's tired and thirsty due to the excitement. It seemed to be a happy day for her, since it started with a good teasing on MommieSha, and ended with a good game with MommieSha.


BabyShasha seemed well rested over the night, that she woke up smiling seeing MommieSha getting ready for the day.


- MommieSha
29 Jun 2006

No comments: