Friday, July 14, 2006

First Meeting with Godmother's Family

Last night we went to a house-warming kenduri tahlil at BabyShasha's Godmother's new house in Bukit Jelutong. It took us approximately 30 minutes to reach there, and we were among the first guests to arrive.

BabyShasha was a bit excited, no doubt about that. She gave friendly smiles the whole time and gave a shy gesture (hiding her face on Mommie's shoulder) when the people around her tried to take her away from her Mommie.

She supposed to be taking her one-hour nap between 6pm - 8pm, yet she forced herself to stay awake due to her curiosity on the buzzing people surrounding her. When there were less people around her, she started crawling around and yap yap yap... Of course, only Mommie noticed that. Others could only see from far, in order not to distract her from her playful act.

During the prayers, I entertained BabyShasha in the guest room. After some time, she started to ransack some plastic covers on the floor and crawl around. At one point of time, she slowly tried to crawl out of the room. She brought her head out of the room, turned left and right to see whether the coast is clear...

I was just monitoring her to see how far she would go. Hearing no warning from her Mommie, BabyShasha curiously sneeking out towards the praying group. I quickly grabbed her, who was about to speed up her crawl, and brought her back to the room. "Aha! This time, no more running around... You should sleep!"

Making an anxious BabyShasha sleep is a huge task. She was full of sweat, her eyes were reddish due to exhaustion, she started scratching her head like mad, sucking on Mommie was the only thing she knew to make her sleep, and the list goes on... BabyShasha fell asleep in my arms on the lap, making my legs numb. I tried to put her down on the mattress twice, yet to no avail. She woke up due to the sudden change in position, and demanded Mommie for sucking. :-S

Eventually, BabyShasha woke up after an approximately 30-minute nap, and in full energised mode. "It's time for Mommie to eat...," I told her cheerfully, with a concerned mind thinking, "How the heck am I gonna eat?!"

Fortunately, BabyShasha's Godmother was there to save the day. She took BabyShasha away and tried her best to let me disappear from BabyShasha's view. One thing about BabyShasha, if she doesn't see her Mommie, she would be very behaved and enjoys anyone's company. Very independent, some have said.

I took the advantage and gobble up as quickly as I could because there's no telling when BabyShasha would go cranky again. During my meal, I could see that my baby was happily meeting all the guests and playing with her newly-known family - her Godmother, AuntieHafee and the daughter, SisYana. There were some other children there who enjoyed her company, playing peek-a-boo and swinging around making BabyShasha laughed the night away...

Leaving the house was a bit difficult for BabyShasha, since it was a fun experience for her. In addition to that, it was her sleeping time, which made her go cranky all the way home... The moment we reached home, both of us went straight to bed.

The day ended for us at sharp 10:30PM.

Exhausted mother of one,
- MommieSha
14 Jul 2006

No comments: