Friday, June 23, 2006

The 2-inch Drop

Last night was quite interesting. I came to know that BabyShasha has some little fear out of all the bravery acts she has shown.

These days, knowing that Mommie would not entertain her if there's no need to, BabyShasha would only cry and crawl to Mommie when she's hungry or she has poo poo in her diaper. Otherwise, she would just play by herself and constantly stare sadly at Mommie from far. Well, that's the only time I can have my dinner, so don't blame me for leaving her alone in the living hall. :-p

Last night, thinking that she would behave the same, I grabbed the chance to wash some dishes in the kitchen. BabyShasha came all the way from the living hall, crawling and crawling and crawling... until she reached the kitchen entrance.

Normally, if she rides in her walker, she would just roll straight into the kitchen, ignoring the 2-inch drop of floor at the entrance. This time round, she found that it was quite a height for her to crawl down. She could differentiate from the different types of the floor tiles.

She knew she couldn't crawl forward, so she cried a bit. "Erin, don't come here," I said. Probably she understood that statement, that's why she was reluctant to enter the kitchen.

She crawled a few steps to the side, thinking that she could get down if she position her body sideways. Yet, it seemed difficult, so she cried a bit. "Wait there, Mommie coming," I tried to console her from far.

She refused to give up yet. She came back to the other side, trying to figure out other ways to get into the kitchen, but to no avail. Thus, she cried a bit... a bit longer, actually... until I came to pick her up. "Mommie here. It's OK..."

BabyShasha was not feeling too well last night. That is one of the reason why she wanted Mommie all the time, and she's willing to crawl all the way to find Mommie. Yet, there is a limit to her willingness.... It's that 2-inch drop. :-)

- MommieSha

23 jun 2006

No comments: