Tuesday, March 28, 2006

My First Fall

I know it’s not a suitable story to tell, but it is an experience worth to remember.

It happened just after Pak Long Nuar left GrandAunt Umi’s house in Rawang. Mommie was rushing with time to head back home, packing our bags and preparing for my bath. GrandAunt was busy in the kitchen as usual, also packing some food for Mommie.

It was about 4:00PM on Sunday, 26th March 2006, and I was so playful on the bed. I was yapping a lot so to let Mommie know that I’m fine, also to make her rush around faster. At the same time, I was rolling on the bed and trying to push myself forward. Instead, I was moving backwards towards the edge of the bed! I am sure that Mommie never expected I could move so much and so fast after rolling over. I guess the spring bed made me move more than what I could manage to push.

By the time Mommie came to pick me up for bath, my legs were totally at the edge, slipping off. I tried to support myself with my only two little arms but I couldn’t. At that second, I looked up seeing Mommie appearing at the door with an anxious face. As for me, I must’ve looked surprised because I immediately stopped yapping! By the time she reached my location, I was flat on my back with my head barely touched the edge of the cupboard.

When I fell, my legs couldn’t support the instant of weight immediately, nor did my bum. That’s how I laid flat on my back. Mommie only had a second to pick me up before I realised and started crying. She’s quite calm, instantly consoled me by carrying me around and uttering some words to calm me down.

We bumped into GrandAunt along the way to the living room, where Mommie told her in a quick sentence what happened. GrandAunt quickly checked for any bumps on my head and offered a warm towel to act as a heating pad on my head. She said there’s a bump on my forehead, which I couldn’t see in the mirror.

I didn’t cry for a long time, 2 minutes maximum. Luckily, there was no bleeding, no obvious bruise or such. Just my hands were a bit shaky because I tried to hang on before I fell.

Yet, Mommie is on 48 hours observation on me, in case I show any sign of internal bleeding. Hopefully there’s no such thing. It’s kind of scary to think of such thing happening to such a cute, happy, sweet little baby like me! ;-)


By BabyShasha

- MommieSha
26 Mar 2006

No comments: