Tuesday, March 21, 2006

2 Weeks before 6th Month's Birthday

Today, Erin is 5 month and 10 days old. Quite a number of new things happened, some are old tricks and some are new. After 2 weeks of illness, her comeback is just so wonderful.


In the morning, Erin proved that she is Mommie's little daughter. She seemed to be much more asleep (in other words, sleeps better) right before dawn. By the time I had to start from home for work, she's still in her deep sleep. Calling her names to wake her up seemed to be to no avail. She was actually half aware of what's going on, so she wouldn't be crying. That's good.

As usual, she seemed very well behaved in her baby carseat along the way to her nursery. She loves to watch outside for trees and buildings that she could see from her angle. At certain point, she started yapping, as if talking to the trees that passed by her view. Upon passing through a tunnel, she knew Mommie's routine by heart, and started to face her Mommie. That's when I would say, "We're in the tunnel now. Where is Erin? Where is Mommie?" The moment we came out of the tunnel, I would say, "Chak!" and she would throw a huge grin. Such a lovely smile of intelligence!

A working day passed by with me trying to slot a few minutes jotting down for Erin's webblog. Went through her photos and a new idea came to mind - a chronology of photos! When I saw her first photos taken on her birth date, my heart just melted noticing how small she was, so cute, fragile and fair! And look at her now, so much different - hefty, strong, bright looking and so cunning!

By 6pm, I was already on the way to pick up my darling angel. Seemed that she's sleepy and her babysitter was preparing her third milk bottle of the day. Well, she surely wouldn't want to miss the fun of a ride in the car by sleeping! She was awake the whole time. When she was about to get cranky at the traffic light, I fed her milk. She didn't drink much, yet she continued drinking once we arrived home. 4 ounces straight she finished up! Wow!

Milk finished, tummy full, and she's still awake! Ah, well, I knew she wouldn't be sleeping now. So, I let her play in her walker while I cooked myself dinner. To my surprise, Erin could finally figure out today how to move her walker forward! All this while she would only moved herself backwards. This is a new achievement! In addition to that, she didn't need an extra support from a pillow to sit properly in the walker, anymore! Wow wee!!

I noticed the motivation that made Erin learnt to move forward in her walker was her anxiety to grab objects on her eye-level. There was a stroller folded and leant against the wall, which she initially attacked; the dining chairs that shone a metallic colour to her eyes; and my colourful nightgown, as I was sitting on one of those chairs!

The way she grabbed, or tried to grab, were not just by reaching out her arms, but she was actually trying to jump out of her walker from her sitting or standing position! It's a good thing that the walker has a very wide base. The only thing she could manage to reach with her arms was my nightgown. Hehehe...!!

Upon her success with grabbing from her walker, Erin started a new adventure "walking" towards the dark rooms/area. She was moving towards the second room and the storage room, thinking that there might be somebody there waiting to "ambush" her, it seemed.

I had to lift her (and her walker) up and made her turned back to the brightly lit area, where I was sitting. She played around until she bumped her walker facing the kitchen wall. Since she just got used to moving forward, she didn't seem to remember her "reverse gear". Anyway, she was a bit tired and full of sweat. What else could she do other than crying and be cranky, until I lifted her up. Exhausted, she started to look for Mommie's milk. Hhmm....

Second time of full tummy, Erin started to get playful on the bed. After some time, she rolled over and yap yap yap... I took the opportunity to finish off my housework, preparing Erin's nursery bag and getting myself ready to sleep. The next thing I knew, she dozed off flat on her tummy. Looks like yapping made her tired, too!

It was still early, around 8pm. I quickly ran through some work around the house and checking on her on and off. Funny thing that she now had her bums up in the air in her sleep! This is the first time I saw her sleep like this on her own and for a long time! Such a cute pose, I tell you!

It was too dark to take her photo then, and I didn't want to wake her up by switching on the light. Let me try to capture that pose some other time.

Well, there goes a memorable day of Mommie's life with Baby Erin...

Timecheck - 10:25PM. MommieSha signs out.

- MommieSha
20 Mar 2006

No comments: