Thursday, March 16, 2006

Growing Pains

Last week was one of a time I should remember in my baby's growing life. People said that
babies tend to have fever and fell sick when they grow older by a month..., something like that. I better keep that in mind next time!

Erin (my pet name for BabyShasha) was feeling uncomfortable over the weekend. Nobody can really put blame on anybody, though. She met quite a number of people along the way, her godfather who just returned from a long journey overseas, the crowd of my colleagues and Eastin Hotel visitors during our buffet treat to Tito Rene, and a few other people. Can't simply point to a person who might carry the illness because it could've been even me! Yet, she still got her flu, fever and cough from somewhere along those meetings and encounters with people.

By Sunday evening, as it started to rain on 5th March 2006, Erin really cried on and on and on... very uncomfortable it seemed. I was too tired, since she already made the same prank the night before. Yes, this time it was quite worse! I tried to calm her down - she didn't want to drink, didn't want to eat, no poo poo, no breast-feeding, not sleeping, not the rocking trick, nothing!

Everybody in the house tried a few tricks of our own and nothing worked. I was too tired to think of anything else by then, other than "I think I have the nearby doctor's number some where..." and gave a puzzled face. We tried our luck and the clinic was still opened! Thank God!

From the clinic's record, it showed that Erin had been visiting the clinic every month. Well, I guess the saying about "growing pains" is true after all!

Just when I thought the panic-stricken experience is over, Erin's flu and fever came back. It was about the same timing, midnight on Monday. I really thought that she simply fell sick just because Mommie would be working the morning after... this is too much!

Ah well..., since that's what my baby needed, then I had to be there for her. Another emergency leave went by. Cancelled the training I was supposed to conduct that day, and just took care of my little angel full time.

After two days of climbing up and down the temperature scale, Erin's fever finally came down last night. Such an odd timing for her fever to reside - right before midnight! And guess what she did... She was so active that she didn't want to sleep!! Aarrghhh...!! Just when I need some sleep!


Yet, when I looked at her in her cute, snugly cotton white new jersey, moving her hands and feet and trying to burst out all the vocabulary she knew (such as "gooo", "gaaa", "baaa", "kkkhhhhh", "krrrr", "ta ta ta ta"), my heart just melted. Anybody's heart would melt seeing this kid. It really shows how cunning she is, and how impatient for her to recuperate. Not even giving herself a chance to rest the moment she recovered. As if she's thinking "I better do everything now before I fell sick again!"

Such a huge difference when a hyperactive baby fell sick than the time when she’s normal. She looked so fragile and weak when she's not well, and when she's well... again it's a challenge for Mommie to keep awake too! Hhmm... :-S Not much difference there after all, huh?

Growing pains with growing love for the little one,
- MommieSha
16 Mar 2006

1 comment:

AmmarandAqif said...

comel la baby sha sha , boleh masuk list calon menantu aku la..hehehehe..