Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A Weekend at Friend’s: The discovery of the day

BabyShasha caught me in action, inserting her stack of dirty clothes into the front-loading washing machine. As how she was taught since age 4 months old, BabyShasha thought that it was her duty to close the widely-opened washing machine lid, trapping me along the way.

Imagine… every time I turned my back to the lid, she would close the lid, and when I turned back to insert more clothes, I had to open the lid. Even when I was still holding on to the lid, she pressed the lid to close it regardless whether I had my hand in the machine or not.

Once the washing machine was set to wash its contents, BabyShasha stood still, in shock of what she saw… The machine was making noise, spraying some water in it, tossing the clothes and repeated the whole sequence every few seconds. She could see this clearly since the transparent lid of the machine was at her eye level.

It took BabyShasha a while to step out from the “trance”… at least until she noticed that Mommie was not around her anymore. Ever since the discovery, I could catch her standing hypnotised in front of the washing machine…

- MommieSha
27 Dec 2006

No comments: