Thursday, December 21, 2006

Seeing Myself Staring Back at Me in BabyShasha's Eyes

These few days, my baby (BabyShasha) has a new skill, which challenges her bravery and Mommie's worry. She could climb the waist-height drawers and almost-chest-height cupboard from our divan bed. She would climb on the drawers, turn her position so that she would sit with her legs dangling to the side, and happily clap her hands...

Other than this "domestic" act, BabyShasha recently had some bruises on her lips and cheeks. The lips bruise was due to her reverse walking towards her teacher's lap, and the moment she landed her bum on that lap, she was bounced back to the floor with her face down. The teacher is chubby, thus the impact (of anything) "thrown" on her would be "very bouncy". Hhmm... :-?

The bruise on her fair, left cheek was the result of a chasing game with a friend her age at the nursery. She banged onto the wall and got herself a souvenir kiss from the wall on her cheek. :-S

Seeing all these with a drumming heart, I wonder if I have a "boy" or a "girl"... Pondering on the situation for some time, I remember the days when I was as "brave" as her.

Looking back to the year when I was in Form 3, I used to climb the roof of our school corridor to enter our classes on the 1st floor of the building block. We had our bags trapped in the classrooms, since the janitor locked the gate to the 1st floor. We had band practice that day, thus we were the only humans left behind in the school compound.

After throwing all the bags down from the upper level, I started to wonder how to come down. It's easy to climb up, but coming down? Hhmm... :-?

With only experiences in climbing down from windows, I tried some ways to climb down from the roof. I over-estimated my strength in supporting my body-weight using my hands, thus I fell to the ground from the corridor roof. None of my gang member could catch me when I fell...

I fell on my bum, hitting hard on the coxic bone (the tail bone) and the pain stroke up along my backbone. No visible bruises, other than a bit of bleeding in my mouth due to the forced bite during the fall.

To me (then), it was a heroic thing I could manage to do for my pack of band-girls. Yeah, right...! And until today, my mum doesn't have a clue about it.

Aha!! Which means, I better watch out for BabyShasha's little pranks such as this! She would never inform me neither! Hhmm... :-?

Wondering if the band gang remembers this event...,
- MommieSha
21 Dec 2006

No comments: