Understanding Mommie...
Upon dropping BabyShasha at the nursery yesterday morning, I stared straight in her eyes and said, "Tonight, Mommie will pick you up at 10PM, ok? Mommie has class today, and by the time Mommie arrive here it will be 10PM. Promise."
BabyShasha gave a blank stare, probably trying to understand what I was saying. She took my hand and kissed it (it's our way of giving "salam" and respecting elders), and I gave her a kiss at the corner of her lips before bidding her "ta-ta". BabyShasha waved her hand in return, as always.
At sharp 10PM, I knocked on the nursery door, waiting patiently at the doorway for my baby, thinking that she would be sleeping by then. Instead of a sleeping babe, I saw BabyShasha running accross the hall towards my hug with a huge grin across her face.
"Aik? How come you're still awake? Aren't you sleepy yet?" I asked my little toddler.
"She didn't want to sleep at all. Every time she almost slept off, she quickly got up and walk around and around the hall... as if waiting for her Mommie," said the babysitter.
I get the feeling that BabyShasha really understands me when I told her that I'm picking her up at certain time. She shows it by waiting for me, stubborn to fall asleep because she knows Mommie promised her to pick her up on time.
Sigh... My bay bee... :'-)
Love the discovery of my kiddo's intelligence...,
- MommieSha
01 Mar 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment