Tapping to the rhythm
My little drummer, 1 year 5 months old BabyShasha, is picking up well with her sense of music and rhythm.
I still remember my friend Adrian said, "This is the first baby I met who listens to adult music." He gave a kind of "duh?" expression to that statement. My reply was simple, "If we're in my car, we listen to my music... I don't care. Anyway, I grew up with adult music and I learnt a lot from the songs and lyrics, especially English words and pronunciation."
Well, that's not the main reason I exposed my junior to such music, but basically music is part of my daily life. It can boost a person's creativity by using both sides of the brain, that's what I believe.
Yesterday, as we were driving around town listening to the music on air, I noticed from the corner of my eye that BabyShasha's hand was moving. Previously, BabyShasha would sing along to the melody. This time round, the music on air was mostly up-to-the-beat, more sound of base and drum. So her approach was different.
I observed it carefully and I noticed that she's actually waving her right index finger up and down according to the beat of the song... Can you imagine an orchestra conductor waving the wand according to music? That's what she did!
BabyShasha was learning to get to the right beat and tempo. She got it right for the first few phrases and it slowly went off-beat when she stopped for a while. After some time when she could catch the right beat again, she would "wave her wand" again...
Hhmm... at last! Some trait of mine flowing through the veins of my little darrrrrrling! Hehehe.. ;-D
Very proud of my little darrrrrrling,
- MommieSha
12 Mar 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment