Na-nak tu!
Finally, I could manage to understand BabyShasha's words... bit by bit. She's slowly coming out of her baby language, and into the world of words that make sense to us... or at least, to her Mommie.
A few nights ago, as I was trying to satisfy my late night appetite, BabyShasha made her move... She started to get cranky over nothing, asking me to lift her up and carry her around.
It seems that there's no boundary to things she can see. She actually asked me to lift her up so that she can see what's on the dining table and register it in her memory.
After feeding her a bit of milk, BabyShasha made her cranky move again and this time she kept on pointing to the table top and uttered the word, "Na-nak tu!"
Normally, the word "na-na" is for milk and "ma-ma" is for food. This time I realised that "na" actually means "nak" (or "hendak" in Malay), which means "want". When she added the word "tu" at the back, it all made sense - "Na-nak tu!" means "I want that!" It's the same kind of way I used to tell my mom when I was a toddler!
At last! My kid can talk! Hahaha...!!
Now, I'm still waiting for her to repeat that full sentence... Hhmm... :-?
Mommie-Baby Blues,
- MommieSha
08 Mar 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment