Monday, April 03, 2006

The Day I Turned Bald

Yesterday I had my first hair cut. Well, it’s just a trim, actually. A bit trimmed above my ears because it tickled my ears so much. A bit trimmed on my jambul (fringe). So no more “helmet-looking” hairstyle for me! Err…, sort of.

This reminds me of the day I turned bald. I just turned 2 months old and it was the last weekend I had with Mommie before I started my first formal day at sleeping school (nursery, that is). Mommie couldn’t stand seeing me so hot and sweaty during most days. She made Daddy shaved my head. The funny thing is that they didn’t know how!

Started early in the morning, Mommie made me half naked, wearing only diapers, thinking that she would give me a bath after shave. Mommie’s job was to hold me tight. Daddy was the “terminator”… I mean, “executor”.

The moment Daddy put down the blade on my head, I turned my head… “Tickly la, Daddy”! Another attempt he tried and I made another movement. Both of these adults tried so many positions (lying down, sitting down, standing up, moving around) and locations (on the dining table, on the bed, on the sofa)… and they could merely manage a few strokes. After some time, I started to cry and made special request for Mommie’s milk. Hehehe… ;-)

Next round – Ting! Ting! Ting! – They tried again… and again I got cranky for milk. I did a mistake of falling asleep after such tiring kung fu sessions. It was already noon by the time I gave up and slept off. That’s when the adults proved to be the experienced ones in life… they shaved my head during my sleep! “Huh! Even I can think of that! Phbt! :-p”

Eventually, the day ended with me totally bald as shown in the photographs here – before shave (on 10th December 2005) and the first look of baldy-me (12th December 2005). It was approximately 4pm, and both Mommie and Daddy surrendered the case. No more baldy-making baby out of me!

The Baldy-Me – BabyShasha
- MommieSha
03 Apr 2006

No comments: