Monday, April 24, 2006

Overwhelming Exhaustion

During those nights when BabyShasha and I were both exhausted due to our sicknesses, a funny thing happened beyond my wildest expectation.

As age increase in my life, I noticed that extreme exhaustion makes me sleep in an utmost disgusting way a woman possibly can. Forget about snoring, I’m talking about salivating in sleep.

I was having a heavy dream that caused me to feel much more tired than usual. In the middle of the dream, I realised that in the real world, my mouth was gaping opened and my pillow would definitely be full wet with sweat and saliva. I forced myself to wake up, just to adjust myself into a better position of sleep.

The moment I woke up, I started to reach for the wet spot I believed I’d made. To my great surprise, it was not really the pillow that was wet. It was BabyShasha’s left fist!

Can you believe…? BabyShasha had her fist in my mouth the whole time I was sleeping? She’s very luckily I didn’t close my mouth or bite her hand off in my sleep!

With such a shameful feeling, I slowly wiped her hand with a dry cloth, and slowly put her hand neatly at her side. Phew! She’s still snoring in her slumber… So, I turned my back on her, and sleep facing the other side.

I remember having a fist in front of my face during my sleep. My partner does that in his sleep. Hhmm… I guess she has that gene in her after all. Yet, I think she was dreaming being a Powerpuff Girl flying in the sky trying to save the world… from the look of it! ;-)

If she reads this story now..., I can imagine her yelling, "Eyuck! Mom..., you're disgusting!! Eeuuu.....!" :-p

- MommieSha
24 Apr 2006

No comments: