Licking an object to understand its texture and material... That's what one of the articles I read said about baby's development at age 3 months onwards. So, in one hand, a Mommie should feel glad that her baby is learning more day by day... but on the other hand, eyerrr... not hygienic, my dear.First time I noticed her "licky" habit was after a few weeks she noticed her hands. She licked when I didn't see her. She licked when I was holding her and she's leaning over my shoulder. She licked when other people carry her. At that time, she didn't like pacifiers anymore. Seemed that she licked her hand to pacify herself. One thing for sure, the way she licked (and sucked her hand) was the same way she did when she was in my womb!

Mommie's hand was next in her list of lickable objects. She did that when I carried her in front of me, with her facing front. I wouldn't be seeing, as usual, and suddenly I felt some tickly sensation on my hand. Looked at her, and she's happily licking my hand. Hhmm...
Toys... She's quite selective when it comes to licking toys. The first toy she licked was the Froggie. It's actually a very bright coloured pillow of a Froggie face. It was her first and last "bantal busuk". Didn't last long though, just for a month or so.

Mommie's handphone. It's quite heavy, but it's metallic in colour. One of the reasons she likes to lick Mommie's handphone is to understand the material. Yes, honey... It's heavy and hard. Be careful when you put it in your mouth.
Remote control… especially Astro remote control. Nowadays, she just gaa gaa at the remote and tried to grab it. If I don't monitor her carefully, it will end up in her mouth. I would definitely notice it because the channel will suddenly change before the saliva reach the object. Eeeuuuu....Baby bolster... I almost thought that I've wasted money buying bolster for my baby. She never really liked it or used. Most of the time she would be fighting with the bolster and kicked the bolster off the cot bed. Until recently that she could grab the bolster and lick it.
Of all the things my baby plays with, blanket and wiping cloth are not in the list of licking items. She plays waving-the-blankie (or wipey) instead of licky with them.- MommieSha
05 Apr 2006

No comments:
Post a Comment