As a mother, I notice my baby's little development skills here and there... It's really fascinating, seeing the new skills she learns to adapt herself in her growing up years. As if I'm watching National Geographic documentary live in front of my eyes! Hehehe... ;-)
One skill she has - other than racing in her walker and avoid all obstacles - is entering the bedroom with her walker in a very cautious manner. She knew somehow that she couldn't fit through the door with her big bum walker if she entered forward. Thus, she made a small three-point turn before entering the room backwards.

It's like us trying to do reverse-parking after knowing that we can't fit entering head first.... got it? (Click on the image to get a better view.) Isn't that amazing?!
A new discovery I found was today morning, during my preparation to go to work. She was very quiet on the bed (probably because she wanted to poo poo), and I just passed to her my handphone to let her play. Knowing that the phone was heavy and it could fall with the amount of strength she had and the position she was in (lying down), she took the phone from my palm, turned the wrist so that her palm could bear the phone weight.

Just like how we pick up things and turn our wrists to carry the thing around before putting the thing back down.
I don't know about you, but for me, it's a tiny little thing that really shows how smart she can be by observing what adults do around her. The next thing I'm waiting for is for her to say "Mom-mie", since she was trying to immitate my lips movement for almost 15 minutes last night... Hhmm... ;-)
Love you, my Little Smartie...
- MommieSha
17 May 2006

No comments:
Post a Comment