Monday, November 03, 2008

Cross Language

Fasha loves colouring, and she understands the words for different colours - sometimes in English, sometimes in Malay.

She lost her pencil colours (it must've been in the car, again) so I had to take out the 'secret crayon' I've been hiding from her since she was a baby...

The crayon consists of 6 colours. I was a bit doubtful before this to let her use crayons, due to the stickiness of the material once it got smudged on the couch, wall, or other places. So I kept on reminding her to be careful with the crayons, and not to smudge on the couch as how she did with the colour pencils.

I opened the crayon box for her, counted the number of colours available (easier for me to know if we lose any of them later), and let her used the crayons.

The first colour she took out to use was black. I commented, "Asyik-asyik hitam. Naper suker sangat colour hitam ni?"

I thought she was going to rebut on her choice of colour. Instead, she said, "Black la, Mommie! Black!"

Oh dear! Of all the argument she picked along the sentence was the colour terminology in English??!! Hhmm... :-S

Need to send her to school very soon!
- MommieSha
02 Nov 2008

No comments: