Friday, June 29, 2007

Love Bite

Yesterday, I noticed a bruise on BabyShasha's left arm. BabyShasha was pointing at her arm once in a while as if complaining that she had hurt herself.

Upon analysing the bruise, it looked as if somebody had pinched her hard. It's definitely from the nursery. So many thoughts rushed through my mind, thinking that the new teacher had been careless again...

I didn't know how to react - whether to be angry or to cry - since my mind was already messed up and my body was so exhausted due to late hours of work recently. There's nothing much to do other than soothing her bruise with balm, make her sleep early and wait for tomorrow. I needed some time to relax and calm myself down, anyway.

Dropping BabyShasha at the nursery this morning, I took time to interrogate the front-line teacher (the one in charge of fetching the kids from the parents upon arrival).

"Oh! She was bitten by Azhar (a baby boy her age, her playmate)...,"" said the teacher.

"Huh? It looks so bad! Did she start the fight first or something?" I asked.

"Well, they were playing so happily and suddenly (out of excitement) the boy just bite her," replied the teacher.

The teacher added that BabyShasha cried for a while, and calmed down soon after. They also applied some balm to sooth the pain.


I know that kids do bite others that when they are so excited about something. Hhmm... I rest my case. It's really a "love" bite from a "playmate" or "boy friend"... Oh dear!

No wonder BabyShasha likes to bite hard on me every time when she's playful. Huu huu huu... :-(

- MommieSha
29 Jun 2007

No comments: