Uncle... Kakak...
Out of the blue she said, "Uncle...! Kakak...!" I was stunned!
We were watching TV and the story-time show was on air, with the American-Chinese host, a Caucasian boy and a Chinese girl telling story on how bricks were made. BabyShasha was very quiet, concentrating on the show when she suddenly called for me to tell me the words she remembered from my teaching last few weeks.
"Mommie!? Uncle...!" BabyShasha pointed to the host of the show. "Kakak...!" She pointed to the girl in the show.
"Yes! You remember! Clever girl! What about the other one? Who is that?" I replied.
BabyShasha kept quiet. I tried to tell her, that was 'abang', but to no avail. Come to think of it, I know why she couldn't grasp the word 'abang'...
It's because the boy in the show had blonde hair! He's not Asian with black hair, and BabyShasha only registers black-haired Malay boy as 'abang'! Hahaha...!!!
Looks like whatever we teach a 2-year-old can be remembered for a long time. I better watch out what I say and what she immitates (when she registered the 'data' in her memory) from now on. Hhmm...
PS: BabyShasha likes to chat with a sentence ends with a nice intonation of "lah". I realise it now that she got it from me, when I used to correct her so much with a sentence ends with "lah". Oh dear... :-S
Little immitator to watch over me?
- MommieSha
05 Nov 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment